Thursday, 11 March 2010

Nearly new - ettiquette


We had only been in the village about 3 weeks last time I got clobbered to take stuff to a nearly new sale. The deal is that you clear out all the kiddies unwanted clothes and toys, stick a price tag on them, lug them to the village hall and if they sell the local village play group gets 30% commission. Bargin I thought. At the time.

I am now wiser to the following extent:

1. It was probably a little OTT of me to expect to stick my business cards onto the said items with double sided tape. The feedback I received was that the "name and contact details of the seller had to clearly be shown". I dont think that my personal business cards went down so well. Silly me for thinking a short cut would work.

2. Apparently I overpriced. I dont have an excuse, I just thought that I would try to cover the costs of how much I thought I should be getting to get out of bed at 7am on my kiddie free day off.

So, this time, I have done the following (bear in mind I live in a village!).

1. Printed avery labels, with my contact details. I have attached the label to a straw coloured piece of card. I have then threaded the card through some environmentally friendly string. It looks rustic and pretty. I am half tempted to draw some flowers on the tag just in case it the buyers feel the need to refresh their memories of what the outside world looks like.

2. Price is rock bottom, I want everything to sell, I have a whole pile of PINK (euuurrrgh) dresses here waiting for some little princess to hassle her mum into buying them. This time, I am hoping they all sell so I dont then have to lug them the 100 meters to the charity shop.

Only Saturday am will tell, but whatever happens, there is not a business card in sight and everything is attached.

1 comment:

Evova said...

how did it go???