Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Worthing Time and Lewes Money

I had half an hour lunch, during which time I had to accomplish the following:

1. Get network port setup and get cable from gents in the support department. This was done quick time.

2. Get dry cleaning dropped off. An easy enough venture. Just turn up at the dry cleaners, wait at the counter to be served, handover blue bag containing dirty items and then skip out, receipt in hand. In theory it sounds nice. In practice, I forgot it was Worthing, and that everything comes with a extra thick coating of cobwebdness. At first I waited patiently for the kind pensioner to find my details on the system (apparently I had an old dry cleaning card) (whoops silly me for having two babies in two years, must consider the dry cleaning card next time) (ps, there wont be a next time!).

Then, with painstaking slowness he typed my name in using a touch screen keyboard. His fingers hovered and trembled over every letter. It was so slow I could feel my hair growing and every cell in my body was telling me to leap over the counter and administer the dry cleaning mon self. I resisted however and counted in my mind the number of words MLP can actually say. Then I subcategorised them into Hungarian and English. About 12. Which is exactly how many Earth pounds my dry cleaning will cost. Assuming it has not been logged under someone with a similar name, trembly hands and all!

Talking about money. Lewes, my fav quirky town has setup its own money Am about to get me a stash, some to save for the kids (cos you have to do that when you are a parent), some to sell on ebay, as they are selling like hot cakes. With the profit, I want to reinforce the roof, in order to put more stuff away for the kids. Well done Lewes, see you on Thursday for our usual jaunt to the cheese shop, antiques admiration and ofcourse my uber fav shop of the mo.

1 comment:

Evova said...

hehe, i have a similar experience here in the hill. its like its in a different time zone. jd also found that in soutwick the dry cleaning offer of next day of course isnt valid as the ladies only work occassionally and one is off sick and how can he be so rude as to think as something handed in on a friday will be done on the saturday?