Tuesday, 15 April 2008

Ok, the plan is....

Spent a glorious morning down on the beachfront playground with the kids. Boy was happy because the Volks railway ran every half hour, after which he would run round like a demented chicken shouting "train, look, train" until the next train came along, then repeat on loop. The girl was happy beacuse there were boys there. I was happy because when the boy was not looking, I polished off the remnants of the Easter chocolate. Someone had to volunteer, right?

Have now planned out the garden for the summer with the kids, have visions of marquee with lots of cusions, table and chairs on the deck, pimms on standby for when the rug rats are in bed. Now all I need is subliminal messaging to Stuart to help achieve this. The plan is to whisper my gardening requirements to him before he hits deep sleep. I will have to write a list for myself to remind me what I need to whisper. It would infact be soooo much easier if he could look at the list and comply. Alas, he is a man and there is no hope. Just like there is no hope of me ever getting rid of any of the shoes or handbags I own. Its very helpful that I have Lottie, for whenever Stuart rants about my shoes that have gathered cobwebs, I merely respond by telling him he is trying to deprive Lottie of something in her dress up box.

No comments: