Okay, last time I enjoyed the YMCA so much, the Village Peeps were doing it. Today me and the kids gave them a run for their money. Hove YMCA decided to organise a spring festival. Decided it would keeps both adults and kids entertained. The kids liked the bouncy castle, alas, we could not stop for long as the pikey / chav radar was on code red. I had left the kids food at home by accident. Thought I might be able to buy something marginally edible there. WRONG. BIG TIME. If el cheapo white value bread, curled at the edges and radioactive hues of squash are your thing, then come on down. It was jolly nice of the YMCA to organise, dont get me wrong, but, should I ever want me kids to sing "I'm a barbie girl" at the top of their lungs, dont call me, I will call you approach applies!
The best bit was as I was getting the kids dressed a spotty, clipboard wearing yoof asks me and my friend if I would like to be shown the community website. I smiled and said I was in a hurry to get the kids home. In yoof language this proabably translated to me being pc illeterate. He took great pains to reassure me it was easy to use and that someone would personally show me and my friend how to get to the website and navigate around it. My friend and I looked at eachother knowingly, she is a computer programmer and I work for a software house. "Another time" I said smiling sweetly.
Friday, 18 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
did you not buy any home made cards or something? normally sell a lot of junk at those types of event, or can you blame the restless kids so you can get away from the tables with tut?
no home made cards, could have had the boys face painted BUT he refused to go anywhere near the stand. Personally, I was quite glad of having an excuse to leave.
Post a Comment