Saturday, 15 March 2008

Iffy Miffy


Decided to make some biscuits for Easter with “The Boy”. Unfortunately, toddler hormones reigned and he had a major hissy fit whilst I was preparing the dough, hence we ran out of baking time before he needed to go to bed.

A cunning plan struck me and I thought that rather than baking biscuits together, I could do the baking part, then we could actually colour in the finished article with some icing pens.

Why oh why are there not any Easter cookie cutters? You can get them for Christmas with holly, candy cane shaped cutters etc, but not Easter ones. Cue improvisation ala Avern. Miffy was the guide in my minds eye, as the rough rabbit shape I should be aiming for. I succeeded on the third attempt. The first two attempts gave life to “Miffy meets Dali” and Miffy “partial facial paralysis”(see attached photo).

You will also notice I have managed to create a duck and the little known “Easter fish”. The Easter fish is borne out of a need to use the last piece of dough, and I seem to recall a religious story about a Christian holiday and some fish. Hey presto!

All I need now is for the Tazmanian devil to be able to control himself with an icing pen and we may actually have some evidence to show I am a loving and good parent!

1 comment:

Evova said...

am eating the easter fish now and can confirm its delish.