Tuesday, 11 March 2008

The changing face of the high street

I dont comprehend what has happened to Brighton. If you walk up North Street, it should be crammed full of the usual high street shops, but, most of the shops are either vacant shells, or are in the process of closing down. Same goes for Western road, just passed the shopping center.

I dont understand what is happening. One good bit of news, Primark seems to be flourishing, having moved into a much larger building. I have set myself a challenge to check the ethical credentials of all the places I normally buy clothes from.

There are also some notable shop closures in the lanes, namely Berties for shoes, the second hand picture place. The shop for men has closed and is now a dry cleaners.

I wonder what is happening......Answers on a postcard please.

NB, you wont be able to post the card from the main postoffice in Brighton, as it has closed. Nearest postoffice is a sorry excuse for one in WH Smith, churchill sq.

1 comment:

Evova said...

I didnt know the post office had closed! How strange. Am glad Shoreham has such a good one and I am doing my best in keeping it in business, at least the parcel delivery / pick up part of it...