Our son was born on January 24. Not according to some “disinformation” I supplied to a local zoo though. In a brazen attempt to get the boy in free, I pretended he was not yet two and pretended his birthday was next week. We enjoyed ourselves so much there that I actually bought us annual membership. Which is where the problems start.
The lady filling out the membership forms remembered us from earlier and put his birthdate down as 04/03/06. The lady probably wondered why I did not share her enthusiasm when she divulged we would get discounts on his parties held there. I stood trying to smile through gritted teeth when she mentioned that he will get a birthday card. Maybe I should have argued the case for the boy having two birthdays like the Queen. Hang on, maybe the Queen wanted a freebie and this is how she ended up having two birthdays?
Mental note, some lies are just not worth the hassle.
Monday, 3 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment