Friday, 4 January 2008

Slurp Slurp and Out

Since we came back from Hungary we have been giving Charlotte formula as her last feed of the evening. The faffing about with sterilisation, counting out mini spoons of formula, and then heating to the right temperature has paid off. She is sleeping through the night.

However, and, there is always a however. As Lottie does not quiet yet know how to get herself to sleep, post formula, I put on a bedtime aria performance for her. It mostly involves singing Twinkle Twinkle to her and Jingle Belles an inordinate amount of times. Sometimes, just to keep myself amused I try to sing them in different genres. Today was the turn of Elvis jailhouse rock stylie.

I have to serenade the lady until she puts thumb in mouth and then my services are no longer required. Her day ends ( and my me time begins) when the slurping ends and she is in a deep enough sleep to let the thumb go.

Tonight, I will mostly be cleaning the kitchen. Every evening has seen some part of the house be cleaned that has been neglected / disorganised since she was born.

My only fear is that by the time she can get herself to sleep, I will be so sick of Twinkle Twinkle and Jingle Bells that I will develop Tourettes syndrome just from hearing the first bar!

No comments: