Cameron decided to spice things up a bit on Christmas Eve by knocking his eyelid on the corner of a table. I am generally calm, but I can honestly say that when my son is brought to me with blood streaming out of his face, its a bit of a heart stopper.
I checked the wound, it seemed fairly deep and the blood just kept coming. Who needs ER Christmas special, when you have an active toddler?
Decide to take him to the childrens hospital which is about 5 mins walk away. Get into reception, who then assess him and say that he will probably sutchuring and maybe even an xray. However, I will have to take him to the other childrens hospital accross town, as they only have a fracture specialist in situ at the moment. Receptionist tells me that if the accident happened yesterday or tomorrow, he would have been seen here straight away, but as its today, we have to go accross town.
Slonk back to the waiting room and tell the news to Stuart. He reminds me that Lottie is due for a feed soon and that I should try and get Cam seen at this hospital, otherwise we will need to take both kids accross town.
I head back to the receptionist and tell her "I have just remembered I have a 5 month old daughter at home who needs a feed soon, can you see my son here and now, please?". She looks at me like I am mad or lying, or both. She repeats that we deffo have to go accross town (just like I told you 5 mins ago, she mutters under her breath).
Decide to take Cam home and get our neighbours to take a gander, then based on their advice we will take him accross town. The blood has stopped but that is probably due to the cold outside. Luckily, both sets of neighbours are pediatricians and are always happy to help.
Bless our neighbour, she comes over complete with stitching kit, idodine and sterilising kit. She reassures us that the cut is bleeding as the face has a good blood supply and its close to the surface, not because Cam has done much damage. She cleans him up and he is consoled by my granny who gives him a cake in one hand and a biscuit in the other.
Thursday, 3 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment