Someone at the nursery is going to die by my fair hand. I decided this whilst mopping sick off my top this morning. Cameron is sick. Probably due to the fact that there was no heating in the room at the nursery last week. I only found this out when I went in and felt the chill through 3 layers. The nursery nurse probably thought I was being over sensitive when I mentioned to keep Camster out of the room. Today we should have been going to Erika's to meet Maisie. Instead I did the equivalent of 25 journeys up and down the stairs between the hours of 5 am and 6am to console the boy. My mood was not entirely helped, when, Stuart having spilled cough mixture on the laminate floor, mopped it up with a babywipe. Babywipe is impregnated with lotion. Lotion + laminate flooring = icerink surface. Whilst I like iceskating, I generally like to be prepared for said event and would prefer to have contact lenses (or glasses) to aid me as I skid along bumping into random pieces of furniture.
Anyways, at 6:20, got up with the boy. Played with him until 8am, when, for the first time in ages I decided to have powernap on the sofa. Camster had other ideas and decided the best punishment for such insolence was to hit me over the head with a tissue box until I relented and played with him and the train set. This involves shouting "choo choo" numerous times, winding the trains up, whilst he puts his foot or hand over the track to cause multiple pile up and starts whining for you to put things right. Hopefully he wont end up working for Network Rail! After about 5 laps, you then have to stop him trying to rip the track apart, and then the whole "game" starts again.
After he had thrown up over me and the kitchen floor at 9am, we knew we had to postpone the trip to Erika's. In the past year we have only ever had definitive plans for 3 weekends, all of which have been scuppered by Cameron being sick. Ah well, the main thing is that he gets better, ready for the next dose of germs!
Am now going to decide what to say to the nursery. It will be a supreme waste of time, as all the people working there are aged about 19, dont have kids and whatever you say to them goes in one ear and out the other. I would have more impact on them if I took out an all page ad in Hello magazine.
Saturday, 19 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment