Jan has already been a particularly eyeopening month. Mainly because Cameron now refuses to sleep in the mornings, and now is only happy to powernap in the afternoon. Hence, I hatched a cunning plan to take him to the local softplay area and tire him out. Good and proper. After hurling ourselves through tunnels, screaming down slides, crossing mesh netting bridges for 3 hours, I decided enough was enough. I needed a break, a cup of coffee and some food. Cameron had other ideas.
Cameron escaped into the giant play area. I decided to scare him by shouting BOO at the top of my lungs when he came down the slide. Unfortunately it was not my sprog which emerged from the mouth of said slide, but a girl, who promptly started screaming for her mummy. Funnily enough she did not want consolation from me, the ogre who scared her. Wonder why? The mum of said child did not make much eye contact with me as I sheepishly tried to slink away.
Cameron emerged a few seconds later from the play area......
Once suitably refulled I decided to lay down the law and tell Cameron its one last circuit and then home. Whilst dodging other kiddies, various food items (no cameron, dont eat it its DIRTY!) left in the play area, I came accross a kids toy. Only it was no ordinary kids toy, it was only a Dr Who Sonic screwdriver. I picked it up looking around for the nearest kid to hand it to. Noone about. Now, you should know I have wanted a real one of these since I started salvating over (sorry, watching Dr Who). Sonic will not only unfuse the unidentifiable confectionary at the bottom of my handbag, but will cook a 3 course meal and clear up, just by the touch of a button. So, you will also understand my reluctance to hand Sonic to reception. I hope.
Imagine Gollum with his precious, constantly fawning and cooing over precious, greedily admiring precious and not allowing anyone to touch it. Well thats me and Sonic. The boy is not allowed to touch it and Stuart was only allowed to play with it for a few seconds. Its mine, all mine!
Maybe even the Dr will come and giveme some Sonicology lessons....
Tuesday, 15 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment