Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Some of the best bits of being a parent

its not just about the laughing till you want to cry, not just the cuddles and kisses you get from the kids, something more than clapping in delight at their achievements, better than snuggling up and reading a book, more delicious than eating a plate of icecream with your kid. Its something that happens three times a year. Post Haloween is one of them, Dec 5 and also post Crimbo are delightful times. I am talking ofcourse about the choc fest that follows each of these holidays (December 5th is Santa visit night in hungary, where good kids get chocolates and bad kids get twigs).

I can safetly say that I look foward to such events with full glee, knowing that when the little monsters are in bed, it will be the culinary equivalent of the salmon coming home to spawn.

Tonight I have consumed approximately 1000 calories, I know this only because each mini twix and mars bar helpfuly displayed its calorific content like a badge of honour.

I dont discriminate, be it Mars, Twix, maltesers, all very welcome. I would feel less guilty if I know I did not need to polish off the goody bags from Mia's party tomorrow. I now have empathy with the black bear, but, unfortunately I dont get to hibernate following my feasts.

1 comment:

Evova said...

I also had plenty at home and tried not to read the helpful signs on each little bloody barBut I did manage to only finish about 1 fun sized bag, brought the rest of the left overs into work.