Evas giggly blog entry about free stuff got me thinking about the places I take the kids. Garden centres are my ultra fav thing, and have been for a few months. I know of at least five garden centres I can take them to within 15 mins drive. They are perfect as they invariably have pets, lots of plants and herbs to show the boy. Some have climbing frames and playhouses to test. It got even better about two weeks ago when they started taking the Crimbo merchanside out. We had a field day then. Boy was entertained for about 20 mins (which is a long time for a 2.75 year old) choosing his fav Crimbo tree. MLP just likes the book section, I just get her to exmine the books.
Last week we beat our own record, I managed to stay in garden centre for a full hour before kids started getting really tetchy. I have a stragegy. I check the name of the most expensive playhouse / climbing frame / Christmas tree and when kids fractiousness is reaching fever pitch, I gather them up, usher them out of the centre. I ensure that as we go past the tills I tell the boy very loudly "WE WILL OFCOURSE BRING DADDY BACK TO BUY THE HEIDI PLAYHOUSE / JUNGLEGYM / MIDAS TREE". I then smile at the cashier, look at the two kids, roll my eyes.
I then make sure that I do not go back to that garden centre again for a few weeks. Each week we try a new garden centre. If my rotation works out right, by the time we go back the rabbits wont quiver when they see MLP!
Tuesday, 4 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your idea of the garden centre and has sold it to several parents at work so you might get company
Post a Comment