Thursday, 18 June 2009

Hungover but happy

My birthday yesterday, hubby organised surprise evening out. I suspected something was going on, but, could not place my finger on what exactly it was. Having put one kiddie to bed, I was actually considering putting my pj's on and ordering a takeaway. When babysitter turned up I was slightly speechless. Got ready in super quick time.

Got into the car and showed hubby what exactly I get upto once I drop the kids off. Namely, crank the stereo upto an impossibly high setting and dance around in the car. We got various second glances from pedestrians, probably laughing at the two wrinklies dancing around in the estate car. I did not care, the moosic was LOUD (prodigy! - who else!), so loud that I could not hear myself squealing in delight. We cruised the seafront. Bliss. Only downside was that when we got out we could not actually hear anything, but we giggled like teenagers.

Hubby had booked a table at hotel du vin, a fantastic surprise and we had a great dinner. By the time the coffee arrived I was blissfully dizzy from the food, conversation and tiredness. Brilliant time. Am now nursing a hangover and trying to look after two kids. Have had 3 coffees and its helping no end.