Went to Hungary for two weeks on my own with the two weeks. We had a brilliant time, I have very briefly listed the more notable antics:
1. The boy taking alfresco peeing to new heights and peeing on the cat and his sister. The cat was not phased, it probably thought it was a cooling shower! Madam, however was, she turned her mouth down and screamed no at him. To which I burst out laughing at the spectacle. Feel bad for Madam as she needed a hug and all she got was my Granny and I weeping with laughter.
2. We saw storks, hedgehogs (adult and baby – so sweet!), stag beetles nanny goats, giant snails, water snake with fish in its mouth!.
3. I got bitten by a cat, have been having rabies shots ever since, I wont go into the full details, suffice to say I wanted to save a neighbours cat which was in agony, which then bit me. Went to the doctor to get a tetanus shot, having explained the whole story, they immediately phones their equivalent of the public health authority, then my neighbour got into trouble for keeping a cat without inoculations, cat was put down and am awaiting autopsy results to see if it had rabies. As a precaution I am been given rabies shots, not painful in themselves, BUT, the side effects are pretty nasty, I have been having night terrors and am off food generally. I still feel sorry for the cat. I wont even mention the ear bashing that I got from my gran!
4. Madam could not be toilet trained as she refuses to pee sitting down, she wants to pee standing up like her brother.
5. Weather was not brilliant for the first week, second week was better and we got to go to some spas. I can honestly say that I have never seen the kids so happy. They paddled, ate, screamed, squealed and splashed the whole day. Upon paying a tenner (for all of us) to get into one very renowned thermal spa, my granny went to complain that the water was cold and she wanted a refund. I did not know how to keep a straight face when the supervisor came over to inform “your most gracious madam” that she had tested the foot washing water, “and should she kindly venture 2 meters further in, she will be able to appreciate the full heat of 38 degree water!!!”.
6. The kids ate cake, ice cream and cheese scones for the most part of each day. I took the view that they were on hols so why not relax the rules a little. Besides, when they woke up in the morning, they went out and had either redcurrants, blackcurrants, cherries, gooseberries or tomatoes for breakfast straight from my grannies garden.
7. “I’m a pirate game” was invented, whereby one child randomly shouts “I’m a pirate” the other screetches the same louder and louder until one of them gives in. I must apologise to rows 20 – 26 on the flight home for my kiddies inflicting this game on them during a fairly turbulent landing!
8. The kids language skills have come on a treat, even the boy answers me in Hungarian.
9. If you are wondering about the picture then its of the fireplace, which the boy was convinced was somehow magically linked to Thomas the Tank engine. Everyday I used to pick out bits of food he had “fed” Thomas’s engine to create steam. The rope only ended up around it when my clothes, makeup and shoes were donated to the steam cause. By the way, you maybe able to see the wood panelling which my grandfather made by his fair hand, carving all the roses and circles himself.
10. Caught up with my childhood friends and sat on the deck above the water drinking, reminiscing and laughing. Thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome.
All in all we had a great time.
2 comments:
love your granny. and the weeing incident. cats deserved being peed on if they are that slow. and should be injoculated...
Yes, my gran is trully one in a million. she was speechless after the "foot wash" incident, something which I have only rarely seen!
Love your new profile pic on here, looking cool. x
Post a Comment