My son is very sweet, he is a man of few words but genuinely kind and very funny. He has of late, started a very annoying habit, one which I cannot get him to loose. When we are out, he basically latches onto complete strangers with kids much younger or older than him. For example, the other day we were at paradise park, and he latched onto a small toddler. The toddler was younger than my daughter (who did not give him another look) and I could not for the life of me get my son to loose interest in the boy or the mum. I tried everything, bribes of ice cream, ride on the train, physically dragging him away from the mother and child, no nothing worked. The other mum was bemused and so was the little boy. So we ended up going round the park with them and making akward conversation.
Yesterday the boy did it again, he found me a fireman. Retired wrinkly fireman who was there with his grandaughter. At first I thought it was amusing, and now I am just plain irritated by it. My son has no interaction with the other child, I am left to do all the talking. I am tempted to pretend that I am a deaf mute and resort to sign language, just so I am not having to make "lift" conversation with them.
Either that or sign my son upto speed dating......
Saturday, 13 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment