The problem with having such lovely food, in such volume on our holiday, is that I am now famished by 11 am, despite having a large breakfast. Decided to curtail my mooch around the shops and head for Bills. As I placed my order I am aware that Lottie is cooing loudly at the man on the table opposite us. He smiles at her and then at me. She then starts shrieking in delight. Its only when he smiles back at her again that I realised he was the actor who plays Mr Weasley in ‘arry Potter. Lottie then starts to blow him kisses. He then starts to read his menu, but Lottie will not be ignored. She starts blowing kisses and waving at him, whilst screeching Mama. He looks over again, smiles, acknowledges my embarrassment and then gets back to talking to his friends.
Food arrives, Lottie, who is a complete food monster, totally ignores it and has her heart set on catching his attention again. The adoration of the couple next to her telling me she is gorgeous are simply not enough.
Decide that the best thing to do is to eat remaining food quickly. This proves to be quite difficult as I have been given chilli sauce on my potatoes, (I ordered child friendly meal). I have no water to put out the fire in my mouth. I start coughing uncontrollably. Actor looks over, he is probably thinking I am trying to attract his attention so he looks at my adorable daughter. So far from the truth. I am very proud of the fact that I managed to pay bill, grab daughter, unfold pushchair one handed whilst an inferno ravaged my gums and tears of pain well in my eyes.
I wont say anymore, but as I pushed the buggy close to his table (which was the only way out), my daughter waved and blew him a kiss.
Thursday, 19 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment