Wednesday, 18 June 2008

32 kilos for 5days

I still dont understand how, for 5 days, we managed to pack 32 kilos. Hand on heart, 30 kilos were for the kids. I managed one pair of trousers, toiletries and some underwear. Stuart fared slightly better he had two pairs of shorts, t-shirts and underwear. When the lady at the check-in said we had to loose two kilos, it was not the kids clothes to be culled, but my toiletries. On the flight over Lottie managed to unbalance my glasses and I got covered in baby related goop. I arrived in Milano looking like a scarecrow. At least I smelled good, as, I practically took a perfume shower in duty free on the way over.

On the way back we managed a respectable 30 kilos in the hold, 20 kilos handluggage, this was due to various kids toys but mostly due to my aunt packing us "lunch" which was 2 whole cakes, 2 packets savoury cakes, half a ham, half a log of cheese......

1 comment:

Evova said...

bring less, buy more. that is my motto. went to maui with 1 handluggage only, didnt even wear all that i brought (L and I decided it was a sport to look as manky as possible in the posh hotel) but came back with two bags overloaded thanks to a couple of hours in walmart.