Thursday, 18 October 2007

Food Addiction

I have just totted up the number of different shops I patronise in order to get through a weeks cooking. No less than 7. There is the butcher where I get my beef, a different one for poultry, grocer, different grocer for Watermelons (an essential item in my house), a shop for cheese, a supermarket for bread and milk, seperate supermarket for deals on parma ham and salami. This is actually scary as I have not counted the fishmonger or the chcocolate shop.

I realised today that I may actually be a little bit addicted to food, when, having been tasked with looking after 2 kids (of which one of whom was not mine!). Instead of watching out for them, I obsessed over whether the butcher had actually cut off all the fat from my future fillet steak. When I turned round, both kids were screaming! Worse thing was I had not actually heard either one as I was drooling over the steak......

No comments: