Thursday, 2 August 2007

Names Names Names

My Granny calls her raisin, Stuart calls her Voldemort when she is screaming, I call her Banshee when she is wailing, otherwise its Chipmunk as those are the sorts of noises she makes. She is only 10 days old but she has us wrapped around her finger, she is refusing to sleep in the moses basket, so she sleeps on us. Which is lovely in principle. Reality is that the 2 / 3 hours precious uninterrupted sleep you could have is spent on the outter margins of being awake so that you dont roll over and check on her every 10 mins or so. Chipmunk also generates enough heat to power a small town, so invariably you wake up drenched in sweat.

I tried reading the other evening with her asleep on me, she is totally useless as a book stand and a cold drink holder. She is quite useful however at saving me from having to discipline Cameron, as I call Stuart over for that and its discipline by proxy.

Slowly but surely getting back into normal life post op, I can now remember my pin numbers and essential phone numbers.

1 comment:

Evova said...

Poor you. Maybe try and build a hammock that you can hang above your bed for Chipmunk, so she is close but not ON you? If it works just patent it and become rich!