Saturday, 15 August 2009

An update for E

Hello my dear friend here is a quick update for you:

1. I am taking the kids to the circus today. Should be great fun trying to keep them still, we are ringside, so I have threatened to sell them as a doubleact to the circus should they not behave. In true A household style, hubby has refused to buy a ticket for Madam, so I have to pretend she is under two years old.

2. 40 more packing boxes arrived this morning. Guess what I will be doing this evening once the kids are in bed????? In signature organised style I not only have a spreadsheet detailing box number, contents, room to be put into and whether its essential for us to have it within the first 2 days of being in the house. Each column sortable.

3. In between packing boxes I dyed my hair last night. Ran out of boxes, switched to Mount Gay Rum and tumbled into bed. Woke up with the same amount of grey hair, so have decided to lower the mount gay rum dose and up the leaving on time with the hair colour next time.

4. I have a cunning and secret plan that if the rum should run out, the box marker pens will be a brilliant subsitute.

5. Motto for today is: smile, survive and pack if my life depended on it.

Hope the apartment is taking shape and that you have a good time tomm in NY, am thinking of you.

1 comment:

Evova said...

oh that is so funny. you are a great planner. me - not so good. have just unpacked all the bags i brough with the stuff to see me through the first few weeks and i have loads of high heeled shoes and skirts. less normal clothes. and no hangers. currently piling all clothes in the wardrobe hoping the wardrobe fairy will come and sort it out.

how did circus go? cant believe s didnt get her tix, and you who would never do embarrasing things like nicking a glass in a restaurant....