Sunday, 9 August 2009

Quick Summary

Lots of things have happened in the great bog random smelting pot that is our family life. Had a fairly boozy goodbye lunch (for me!) with Evova at Ockenden Manor. We managed to have some tea before a really lovely lunch with pimms and the obligatory glass of vino. I wont mention the crazed masochistic wood pigeon which decided to amble on the downside of Ditchling Beacon, in the thick fog. He bounced off my windscreen and was luckily ok.

Very very sad to say goodby to Evova, she is one of three people I speak to on an almost daily basis.

Anyways, needed a first daytime nap following boozy lunch and then found myself making coffee, turning the heat up higher and higher. It was probably only a minute before the machine would have exploded before I realised that I had not put any water in!

Lastly, I was pruning the lavendar out the front when I heard a scratching noise from next doors roof. Look up and next doors cat is sliding off the roof, lands with a thud and carried on as though its all part of some master plan. After my recent incident with cats, I did not even bat an eyelid at this one.

We may officially be homeless if this continues. That or I may have to spend a month on Hungary. Shame.

2 comments:

Evova said...

Loved the lunch! And the card. Made me all weepy eyed. Jd had to hug me a little til I cheered up.

Barb said...

Lunch was brilliant, alcohol helped the goodbye denial. Miss you. x