Sunday, 1 February 2009

Why did I not have kids sooner?

I meant to post this a few weeks ago, but it has been forgotten in the whirl of daily life.

If you know me very well, you will know I am not a woman to quote haphazard statistics, HOWEVER, it used to take, on average about 2 weeks for every broken lightbulb to be replaced in our household.

This was back in the days before kids permeated through all aspects of our lives. For instance, it took major effort just to get a lightbulb to be changed. I would kindly remind him that x lightbulb had gone, and could he please replace it. Days would go by, I would then say pleeeease could you replace the lightbulb as I am now going blind, several more terse reminders later, then a whine (from me) would produce a large tut before hubby went to rummage through the lightbulb box. put a 30 watt bulb in, just as a temporary measure. Temporary is a long time in our house, about 2 months and several nags.

Timescales became slightly more bearable, when, I deliberately mispared his dark socks hubby and blamed it on the lack of light. Hubby, desperate to catch his train, promised to amend his ways for a perfectly pared sock. This was fine and good until the next lightless incident which i will call "captain caveman", no light in the kitchen equals no dinner.

It has been a revelation having two kids, even more so for poor old hubby! Kids are fascinated with lights, and even more so with the absence of light. All it takes is for a lightbulb to flciker and both kids point screetching "light light, oh dear". "Look Daddy the lights not working" from boy and "oooooh light" this is on endless replay until the light gets fixed.

Hubby not only has a lightbulb collection Vegas Sign Writers would be proud of, but, they are all within easy reach and its nanoseconds before they are changed.

And, before you ask why I dont change the lightbulb, I just dont, I get nervous looking down, and its a mans job, like taking the rubbish out. I cook I clean he provides the light.

1 comment:

Evova said...

hehe i change ours as otherwise it would never get done. but i dont light fires as i cant and jd can and it makes him feel all manly and strong so why not let him eh?