For Eva:
1. I am happy to drink the juice from a jar of olives.
2. I am quite flexible my fingers bend back to a freakisly large angle.
3. When I tell people I am Hungarian, and they then tell me in a shocked and patronising tone that they never would have guessed I mentally switch off and start to pick out my fav pick and mix, ice cream flavours, fav herbs etc. This is because I normally then get asked: what language do you think in, say something, and as I have done this athousand times, I know I can retreat into my own world. This is also what happens when people make small talk. I am terrible at it and I normally manage to kill conversations by my lack of interest at Aunt Mildred's new car/ carpet/ washing powder woes.
4. I get REALLY annoyed when I see bottles of Jam with the label proudly proclaiming "no added sugar". WHAT????
5. The only thing I ever wash up are the kids drinking glasses, everything else goes in the dishwasher, sand pit toys, dustbins, you name it, if it can fit in, it goes in and stays in for as many cycles as it takes to get clean.
6. I always have the same password, when the kind microsoftware asks me to change it, I just add 123 to the end or the beginning. Same for pins, all the same! Naughty me if I get cleaned out by the bank. Whoops, its about 18bn too late. Bastards.
7. My hubby reglularly used to (before we were married), take me out shopping and when in a shop tell me he would buy me anything I wanted. I always replied that I only wanted him and we would walk out giggling. However, one day I picked out a stupidly overpriced painting and watched him sweat as I said they should start wrapping it. His face was a picture. Needless to say, no picture but plenty of giggles.
8. I am not a dessert person, much rather starter and main course. Ohh, perhaps a cheese course as well.
9. I am a big cheese lover and my fav cheese is smoked cheese from Serbia I think a literal translation would be smoked pasture.
10. I never know what to wish for with the wishbone of a chicken, I always ask for world peace.
11. I love warm places and hate being cold, which is why you will find me sitting next to the radiator most evenings in the winter.
12. If I won the lottery I would buy a library and a hat sewing operation. I would set up a stall in town and read my books whilst handng out the hats (free of charge) to parents who cannot be bothered to put a hat on a small baby which has no hair.
13. Ice cream is my favourite food. Closely followed by a tie between spinach and chicken noodle soup.
14. I am not brilliant at keeping in touch. Unfortunately thats what 2 kids in two years does to you.
15. My resolution for 2009 is to tell it like it is and also not to worry. Both have had interesting consequences.
16. I am quite good at change and being flexible and using resources wisely.
17. Due to not worrying (see 15), I now throw the tumble drying into the machine, instead of checking to see if the neighbours cat is sleeping in there.
18. I am secretly scared of re-reading my favourite books as I fear that they wont be so great second time around.
19. I have only recently started moisturising daily. I still have the small tester moisturiser I bought in NY with Eva.
20. I am a qualified open water diver. I dont quite know how I managed that as I have absolutely no bouyancy control, what can I say, my body does not want to be submerged! My favourite pasttime when diving is to hover over the reef and the deep blue beyond. That, and trying to catch nemo.
21. I really dont like my kids names beginning with the same letter. I was heavily pregnant and not willing to argue about Madames name. Again, as with point 15, I am not worried, she will probably change it in 15 years time to something kool and yooflike.
22. My Aunt is the most fashionable person I know. She could make a binbag look radiant.
23. I have an inane ability to pick the most expensive thing in the shop without seeing the pricetag.
24. I will never understand cricket, any sport whereby you cannot actually tell who is winning at any given point is pointless and sillylegman to me.
25. If I had to have a celebrity boyfriend it would have to be the lush David Tennant or failing that Robert Peston.
Monday, 9 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you!
world peace - bless you dearie.
but robert peston! how about we go to the lanes and get you some new glasses eh? via the nice ice cream shop, naturellement.
Post a Comment