05:55 Wake up to Madam screaming. She does not want to go back to sleep. Boy is also awake. Take them downstairs, heat up milk for Madam and raisin toast for the boy.
0700 After various books, an episode of Peppa Pig, kids are ready for breakfast number two. Prepare breakfast number two. The boy polishes off 2.5 weetabix. Madam only wants a slice of toast.
0830 Look out the window, decide that we are still snowbound and I will work from home. Hubby comes downstairs.
0845 Give hubby instructions on lunch and go upstairs to work hugging warm coffee.
0900 – 12:45 Resist the urge to go downstairs and tell hubby off for allowing the kids to play mini golf in the lounge. Spend the next two hours trying drown out the wails of Madam (for her mummy!) and try not to flinch whenever I hear golfclub banging against skirting board or furniture.
13:00 Have lunch with family. Shout hurrah when we see a snowplough clear our road. Decide we can go out.
1400 Having finished up work, I go downstairs to get kids ready to go out to the garden centre.
14:30 At garden centre with kids and hubby (he gave himself the day off!). Kids run amock, screetch at fishes and test out the sheds. By testing I mean banging the doors loudly!
15:15 Leave garden centre to go and pick up some food.
15:30 In shop, explain to hubby that Madam will need to be fed a constant supply of raisins until we reach the checkout. The boy tasks himself with squashing every item he can within the shopping cart.
At the checkout I have Madam in my arms (she is just a bit clingy), enter pin whilst warning the boy that if he unpacks any more items from the bags I just packed then I will leave him here.
16:00 Leave shop, hubby asks me if day with the kids is normally so full on!
16:30 Get home, play with kids whilst leftovers warm up. The next half hour is spent blowing noses, resolving toy disputes, washing hands, washing hands again as Madam has a habit of playing with the bin.
17:00 Eat supper. Agree with bubby that no bath needed (last night we had a poo in the bath incident, not so keen to repeat that).
17:30 Watch kids pile on eachother and play hide and seek.
18:00 Get kids ready for bed. Read loads of books and watch one episode of In the Night Garden.
19:00 – 21:00 I tidy, empty dishwasher, load washing machine, fold clothes, hubby works upstairs.
21:00 – 22:00 Martini time. Get things ready for nursery the next day and ensure I have everything I need for work.
22:00 – 23:00 Read my book The Colour. Then it’s the best bit, time for sleep!
Wednesday, 4 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
mmm if i was getting fed raising bread i might get up at 5.55 as well. you spoil them!
Yes, I think you are right. Boy only woke up at 5:55 as he was "done sleeping". Shame, as I was enjoying my sleep.
Post a Comment