Friday, 30 January 2009

Salmon Pink Fishies

I think I need to be wearing red braces, brandishing a big fat cigar and have splodges of red caviar splashed on an expensive waistcoat. I may have to walk around the room randomly booming “Buy, Buy and Sell”. Yes, you may have guessed. I am entering the bizaare world of share dealing.

Hubby has graced me with some money to “invest”. Sofar I have had a lot of fun, I read the FT in my lunch hour (I even understood some of it!). Armed with my list of 5 shares I ring Hubby to discuss my choices. After he analyses them given some random criteria, then tells me to leave it with him and bids me goodbye.

I cannot help but feel a little cheated as I did not envisage the world of high finance, being so very calm, almost beige. 5 random picks from a salmon pink paper and now I am waiting with baited breath to see if my salmon have spawned.

Upon hearing some inside news that a large company were making redundancies, I ring hubby and tell him to short sell ABC ltd in hushed tones.

Watch this space!

No comments: