Thursday, 1 May 2008

How to reduce productivity ala Avern

I may have mentioned that I got hold of a recipie for Courgette and Parmesan relish. I was presented with a moral dilemma whilst awaiting my turn at the surgery. Do I everso surreptitiously tear out the article or bravely ask for a pair of scissors and take a chance of being told no?

I will admit a trial tear of some waffly article on organising your life (chance would be a fine thing) but, only for the purposes of testing if it was possible. As there were only 3 people in the waiting room including me, the tear was very much audible. Where are screaming babies and rattly old ladies when you need them?

Decide that as I have given loads (well, at least 3) magazines to the GP's surgery over the 10 years, therefore its my divine right to get the article I am after.

They gladly hand me a pair of scissors, ask me what I am cutting out. I inform them. Cue 2 receptionists and 1 nurse plus me all crowded round one article. I think I reduced productivity to size ZERO for at least 10 minutes. About the same as my consultation with my Dr.

No comments: