I actually think that the fifteen minutes I waited in the surgery, prior to my appointment was more helpful than the face to face with my GP. At least there I got a free recipie for courgette and parmesan relish.
Explained to my GP that I am having trouble sleeping. After a few general questions, he plonks a piece of paper in front of me asking me to fill it out. I advise him I have filled 3 such questionaiires out in the past 2 years, they are tests to see if you have post natal depression. One of the questions is "are you having trouble sleeping", I answer yes. Pass my answers back. I was slightly nervous as I looked at him examining the paper. It was like finding out you had failed an exam, but on one of those public notice boards with your peers making out that its "no biggie". He rips up the paper and cheerfully delcares I dont have post natal depression symptoms. Whooopie. I could have told him that (as could the previous 3 questionaiires).
Long and short of it is I am healthy. My forgetfulness and lack of sleep is due to tiredness of two young children. Funnily enough, I slept better last night. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced the recipie for courgette relish.
From now on, the only Doctor I will consult is the very yummy David Tennant.
Thursday, 1 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment