Most of my day (when I am not with the kids) appear to be centered around shifting things from one place to another for example taking clean clothes upstairs, taking washing downstairs. Or changing things from one state to the other eg uncooked to cooked.
I finally had enough of the tedium of endless trips with the dry clothes up and down the stairs, so I decided to wear everything that needed taking upstairs, thus leaving my arms free to carry post etc upstairs at the same time. The rule was that it all had to go over my own clothes and if I could not wear it as it was supposed to be worn, I had to improvise. I think I managed to put on 3 of stuarts t-shirts. The kids clothes got my shins. I ran out of shin, so I used some of them to make a turban. By the time I got to thinking of going upstairs, I was fairly toasty. Ofcourse then the phone rings. Ofcourse its one of my good friends, who I end up yakking to far to long. I dont tell her about what I am doing, she may think I have completely lost it. Once I am finally upstairs, the kids wake up from their nap. I dont think I have seen them stare so much, without blinking!!!
To add insult to injury, some of the clothes end up getting due to my filthy shoes, so they need to be taken down again to be washed.
Lesson is: dont try and make it fun. Whistle while you work approach only works at Disney. Dont put your other halfs underpants on your head. Live in a bungalow.
Tuesday, 20 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good think no door to door salesman turned up just then eh? I agree - go bungalows. Ideally in Australia where its nice and warm as well.
Post a Comment