As updates go this is probably not one of much but here goes...Lottie had her appointment yesterday at the hospital. As suspected, its colic of some sort, the consultant said as she was developing normally that there is nothing wrong. Lottie spent the whole appointment cooing at Dr Butt (yes that was his real name). Stuart and I giggled like teenagers when we found out. Cameron was contented as he ripped the waiting room apart. In a vain attempt to appease children, the hospital had a large fish tank. Was he content with looking at it? Ofcourse not, he had to explore the noisiest toys, drop various boxes full of jigsaw puzzles and try and steal another kids car. I stopped maintaining eye contact with any adults shortly afterwards....
The consultant said I should feed her less as she is "sturdy", I think that means fat. So we have tried that today, and failed.
Cameron is officially bored at being housebound due to the colic, I dont blame him. The plan for Friday is to get out. Yesterday he was incredibly naughty, he just kept on destrying things. Given the fact that we were out at the hospital most of yesterday, he still managed to draw on the walls, remove the input cover to the telly and use it as a spade to remove earth from a pot plant, throw food on his sister, mash banana into the carpet AND damage my books. Never have I craved a G&T more.
Crimbo shopping is done. I have had a genius idea of actually buying four types of presents and alternating them between family and friends.
My best buy was a flashing rubber duck complete with santa hat. Press the belly on the duck and it trips the Christmas light fantastic. Am going for lunch with a friend tomorrow and Thursday is decorate the tree day.
We also managed to get out as a couple for the first time in over 4.5 months last week. It
was fantastic, I sat listening to the dulcit tones of Vivaldi by candlelight and almost wept with joy. I did not even mind the fact that it took us almost 4 hours to get Lottie to some form of sleep after we got home, and that was sleeping on me. Bliss to be out again. I also went shopping with Eva and seemingly spent a fortune on nothing, but that was great fun too.
Tuesday, 11 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ooo you got to the concert, excellent!! sounds like you are living the high life, lunch with friends, meeting sexy doctors, getting custom made art for your home, trying out new organic carpet cleaners.
when are we meeting, how about Mon next week? am busy busy this week but need to hand over nice crimbo pressies before I head home.
Post a Comment