Well, it took us 1.5 hours to leave the house today, just for a quick soiree into town. By the time one was dressed the other needed feeding, then changing, then one started to fall asleep, cue 3 adults running round like headless chickens trying to get dressed / showered / washed in the meantime. I can only imagine that it looked like fast forward on a video. Once we got into town I needed to feed Charlotte, no mean feat in itself, as one of my ni****s is half hanging off. It means that every feed feels like I am putting my breast into the jaws of a great white, only to have it chewed off for 40 mins. This in itself is just about manageable, as I go to my happy place. Unfortunately, after the debacle of this am, I could not find my happy place. So I sat in a restaurant crying uncontrollably whilst my dahling daughter did her worst. I now need to find a new happy place. There are definately a dozen or so contenders for "Happy Placement", but all seem either stupidly materialistic and single minded (like a shoe store that had 6 thousand pairs of shoes), or involve only one member of my precious family. All seem to be competing for space, and I can only hope that whichever one becomes my happy place appears quicker than the Great White!
All the above aside, all going well.
Monday, 30 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think if you weren't sometimes a crying bundle of hormones right now you'd be very strange - and I'm sure you'll find a new happy place soon. My happy place with Sam was, and still is, taking him for very long walks in the buggy so I can see that he's happy and safe but I can drift off in my own head for a while.
I replied to your comment on my blog BTW - that's the worst thing about blogger, you don't get notified when someone responds to your comments - I prefer Livejournal!
HUGS!
I know a great happy place - the lobby of Waldorf Astoria, enjoying a glass of chilled white wine admiring the mahussive flower arrangements and the people strolling by.
Post a Comment