I am trying to be calm. I am trying to locate the big black cloud above my head that makes me do the crazy things I have done. I blame the hormones.
The last few days have been a little stressy, I have had 1 rush trip to the hospital as I thought I was in premature labour. As it happened we turned up at shift change o’clock and were kept waiting in a birthing room for 45 mins before anyone came to even ask what the problem was. Meanwhile, I was surrounded by a seemingly rabid pack of howler monkeys. Oh how they howled! Next time I am on the labour ward I plan on taking my ear muffs. And a cd, as they supply each room with a cd player. “Jump Around” will be my music of choice!
Anyway, I digress. 3 hours and a lots of fuss and bother about nothing later, we are back home with a clean bill of health.
Cam has been a whingeing pomme all weekend. Also, we have an uninvited member of my family staying with us. Put it this way, I think I would rather lick the inside of a sewer rats toe, than be forced to spend any more time with this person.
On the up side, one of the many labourers working on our garden (if you can call it that at the mo) was Mark. Muscley Mark as I called him. He was also a fireman. Grrrr. Did I mention he was a fireman? Be still my beating heart. As I was tasked with taking lots of pictures of the project, I decided that Mark needed to feature in some all of the photos.
Today, I thought I would go into town. I thought I would take the opportunity to have a last nose around the shops. This was a great plan, until I enter each shop, then have the sudden urge to come home. Immediately. Then walk past another shop, cue coming home urge. By about shop number 5 I had enough of this game. Purchased a few bags of granulated sugar (builders go through an amazing amount of sugar. Where does it go?) and got on the bus.
Only, I got on the wrong bus. By which time I realised I was about a mile from home, in the wrong direction. Get off the bus. Decide to wait for next bus. Stand there for 5 mins, then realise I am on bus route which is one way. Decide to walk back to nearest bus stop heading my way. Whilst ambling along, realise I have no money to pay bus fare. Am faced with about a half mile walk up a hill. Curse myself for buying the sugar. Ran out of English curses, started on the Hungarian ones.
Takes me 45 mins to haul my body up the hill. In order to motivate myself for the next couple hundred yards, I would purchase some chocolate. As I write this, I have consumed the following: 1 bucket of Funzy’s candyfloss. Not bad, if a little dry. I pack of fizzy strawberry sweets. I bar dairy milk. I also had to purchase a National Enquirer, to make up £5, so I could use my debit card. I feel marginally better. I think I will replace the black cloud hanging over my head with pink fluffy popcorn.
Tuesday, 3 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah how come everytime I read about your life mine seems so nice and quiet in comparison?
You eat away, you deserve it! 45 min walk when heavily pregnant must burn gazillions of calories.
Ooh, here's an opportunity to tell you about my work at the hospital, and to explain that I knew what your name is now because I saw it in the register in the Obstetric Theatre back when you had Cam and it rang a few bells!
I work in the Operating Theatres at the RSCH, and every other night I'm on call (as an anaesthetic practitioner - assistant to the anaesthetist) to labour ward. It's very unlikely I'll see you there if you're having a planned C-section though, because I'll have gone home to get some sleep.
XX
I hope
Post a Comment