Summary of summaries I am afraid, as I have too many documments / emails to update. I have calculated that apart from this blog, the kids private diary, my private diary, I probably generate / update on average 15 documents a day (this includes private emails). This is simply too many if, you want to remain marginally sane and go to bed before the sandman hits you in the back of the head.
So, here is is: feeling life it sloooly getting back into normal before the days of two very small children. they are now both out of nappies during the day. madam is now in a bed sans rails and delights in not staying in the bed when she is supposed to be there at 8pm. Great news is that she will quite happily sleep until 10am, bad news is that the boy wakes up with the cockrels.
had a great time in Italy, hubby and I managed to grab a day out with my uncle in Lugano, got some much needed adult time whilst the two kids kept the family amused with their antics.
we have been snowed in, this has prompted unprecedented levels of cabin fever, especially as madam does not like the snow. too cold. we can make it about 10 meters out of the house and she starts to whine. and she whines REALLY well.
I have laughed with my wonderful family over christmas, cried at Dr who and decided to play reggae music and take the kids to the tropical fish place in order to inject some much needed heat into our lives.
we have helped the reverend clear her soft top sports car from snow, had jumping on the bed competitions, and I have forcibly cleaned the kids toy room up. the house is lightter of toys by one big dustbin bag, and they have not even noticed.
A certain swedish furniture manufacturer will be providing me with some storage solutions in the not too distant future whilst hubby cries at mere mention of putting together flat packed furniture.
I have been at an Italian shopping mall at 7am. This is due to my granny's flight leaving at stupid ockolck from an airport in a shopping mall. Ironically granny got home ealier than we managed to get into our first shop. Did a modest amount of shopping for the boy as he has developed crane like legs which wont fit into trousers. Did not manage to buy anything for the girl as Italian shops have an annoying habit of thinking small children have a waist. Madam has never had one, and if she carries on at this rate, never will. I have a wonderful picture of Madam in front of a tray of biscuits. You know can probably fill in the the rest of the story.....
My auntie and Mama cooked up a storm, they made culinary delights that I am still salvating over. Hmmm, we have probably eaten our weight in parma ham. My cousins are now grown up young men, sometimes I have to pinch myself that they are so tall and adult like.
Good news is that the tropical fish tank is in place.....just need the fish now.
2 comments:
kids dont have wastes! that is insane. italians are insane.
glad its all going well (apart from cabin fever) and appreciate the update!
so what did you do 10 years ago? what was your decade like? i mean apart from great for meeting me?
;-)
yes am thinking that the Italians are trying to get the kiddies ready for size zero!!!
italians are insane but stylish with it. when we were over in Lugano there was a mad italian woman buying the biggest bag from Louis Vitton I have ever seen and she was shouting at her man (dunno why, maybe she needed a bigger bag?!!). Insane is right.
Post a Comment