Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Paper Presentation

It crossed my mind the other day that hubby and I suffer from paper related snobbery. For instance, he does not like restuarants that serve paper napkins. Whenever we happen to come across somewhere we want to have lunch / dinner, cue imaginary sharp intake of breath when he notices the paper napkins. There then follows a silent interlude whilst he contemplates whether we will eat there. Since having kids this interlude has become nanoseconds as the boy just runs up to the nearest table and occpies it. We both agree that laminated menus are a big no no.

Hands up, I too suffer from such snobbery. I enjoyed my excellent copy of the Anansi boys all the more for it being hardback and having a satin (yikes!) blue book mark. My paper needs are indulgent.

Hubby does not like my grans toilet as she buys the cheapest toilet paper known to man (seriously, its called Crepto). Its one grade lower than the wax paper (postage stamp size) you used to get at school.

I dont like electronic plane tickets, its just not the same having to print your own airline ticket off. I want my carbon copy which smells nice.

There is obviously the snobbery with the broadsheets, which is something I really miss on a sunday. Since having kids, it is nigh on impossible to sit still and actually read a paper.

2 comments:

Evova said...

JD brings his own toilet paper everywhere as anything except andrex it soo hard on his sensetive butt cheeks. men are silly

Evova said...

JD brings his own toilet paper everywhere as anything except andrex it soo hard on his sensetive butt cheeks. men are silly