Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Calling all train track planners and drivers

Took MLP for her appointment at the Docs re her walking. Turns out we need to give her time. In twenty years of practice my gp has never seen a kid who does not walk sooner or later. One physiological checkup and an hour later we get home. Hubby and my car are missing. Hoooray I thought, he is getting his haircut after much nagging. I am feeding the kids lunch when I hear hubby in the hallway lugging something up the stairs.

Check what he is doing, he can barely contain his glee and is muttering things about "bargin" "Train" and "whoo hoo" under his breath. After seeking assurances he is not drunk, I return to the kids none the wiser.

Many hours later, once the kids are in bed and we can talk semi sanely, I find out the following. He had purchased some 30 bits of track, 12 engines and 10 troublesome trucks from an old man and lady who were selling it online. He paid £35 and it was actually a bargin.

That evening, we did a quick stocktake of the booty, there are 12 battery operated assorted engines, lots of bridges and a tunnel and railway station. The boy did good.

We are planning to lay it for the kids to discover on Christmas day. If anyone would like to come over and enjoy this wonderful present with us over Crimbo, please feel free to do so. All welcome.

No comments: