Wednesday, 26 September 2007

Boiled Jumpers and Grumpy babies

Painful lesson number 1: Dont use the washing machine during the hours that Cam is awake. I learned this to my cost yesterday afternoon. Having finally (and triumphantly) made it to the bottom of the wash basket, I decided to wash our remaining jumpers. BIG mistake. Unbeknown to me Cameron changed the setting on the machine from handwash to boil wash. Needless to say, the casulties were all mine and Stuarts jumpers. They will now fit Cameron's teddy bear. Either that or someone of a vertically challenged stature. I am adding about £1oo to Camerons bill which he will be presented upon leaving home.

Painful lesson number 2: Never be an optimist when it comes to a screaming baby. I decided that sine Lottie was having a bad day, she clearly needed to get out. Figured Sainsbury's in Hove would be a good outing as she would fall asleep in the car and I would then have time in said establishment to purchase weekly food. Wrong! Cue Charlotte screaming all the way there, all the way round the shop and all the way home. My dash around the supermarket must have resembled some botched attempt at speed shopping. The only way I could calm her down was to hold her, whilst trying to steer the worlds most wayward trolley. I lost count of the times I must have bumped into people. The worst thing was Lotties screaming drowned out my feeble and embarrassed apologies, so invariably I got loads of dirty looks.

1 comment:

Evova said...

I dont believe it! I am sure it was you screaming and her being angelic trying to get you to not buy all the chocolate you wanted.

Sounds painful. I can recommend audible.co.uk for something to listen to so you dont have to hear the screaming, then just smile at everyone in a way making it clear that you think its healthy for children to scream a little. Maybe even make sure to loudly encourage her to scream a bit more, my mum always said it was all my crying which gave me my nice singing voice. SO keep her goign and she can be the next Charlotte Church!