Sunday, 23 September 2007

Avern Family Day in

Yesterday Eva was with us, so low and behold both kids on relative good behaviour. Relative good behaviour for Charlotte is only screaming for half the day. For Cam, it means only getting tetchy after your mum has made you walk most of the way up Lewes hill and down again, only to be confronted by an antiques store.

Today, its not such a bed of roses. I have counted to 10 numerous times today (in both languages). Cam has a cold, so hence everything covered in snot and Chartlotte has obviously got some sort of Antichrist virus that has forced her to scream near non stop since 12pm (its now 9pm).

In spite of this we have had some trully funny moments today, like Cam gorging himself on roast duck, he could not shovel it down fast enough. And just now, the house is quiet apart from Cam's snoring and Charlotte farting.

Even though I only had 4 hours sleep in total last night, and I should be catching some Z's right now, I am determined to do some adult stuff. Even if its watching some crap tv with a large glass of Rioja as company. At this rate, half a glass and I will be tipsy. Bring it on.

2 comments:

Evova said...

HA! The kids know to behave when I am around cause I am so scary...

And JD liked the idea of the mirror, can you check out what the price was (and maybe do some haggling for me...) it was the white painted one, would look fab over our fire place I have decided.

And let me know if you need me to come over to scare the kids to silence any other time!

Barb said...

Haha! No probs on the mirror, I am going into Lewes tomorrow anyway.

Put it this way, I dont think you were so scary that they will need therapy. Please come round more often as my nervous system needs more days like that!