Wednesday, 18 July 2007

Watermelon Woes

One of my summer rituals is to strip down to a bikini, go into the garden and consume a whole water melon. Picture this, me head in a watermelon eating the contents, spitting out the pips hilly billy style. Bikini clad (as its messy) and in the garden, as I wont have to clean up. This “summer” I have had to alter the plan slightly. For instance, I found it very hard to even lift the 4 kilo monster melon upto my mouth. Cue sitting on the sofa, cushions supporting the melon, trying to eat it with a fork and knife (can hardly spit the pips out in the living room can I?!!!).

Unfortunately half way through the phone goes, now have total empathy with a woodlouse, as I had arms flailing and feet thrashing to try and get off the sofa. By the time I got to the phone, it had rung off.

Back to the watermelon. Not only did it not taste good, I found myself craving the green outer skin. At that point, I decided to throw the melon. Now that I am writing about it, I find myself wondering if it went into the bin face up or down, and whether I have thrown anything else on top of it, just in case I start craving it.

Ah well, next year, I am going to be sans bump and I will not only purchase watermelon, but a large Cinzano and lemonade to go with it (classy eh?).

Cameron on top form over the last few days, went to buy the new pram yesterday. Needless to say he demolished the shop (a bit tricky to negotiate for a discount when he is wrecking the display items). Bought the pram. Does not even fit into Stuarts car. Hence he is currently looking for a car, as I write this.

The reality of two kids hit Stuart big style on Sunday. Beata, Robbie and the kids came over for Sunday lunch. Stuart was tasked with getting the nice wine glasses out from the drinks cabinet. It took him about 20 mins and taking the lords name in vain (which Mia ran round screaming), as when he was taking the glasses out Cameron and Mia decided to help themselves to the drinking straws. For every one he put back, they took 20 out. There were 200 straws, you do the math. Its very rare for Stuart to loose his patience, so when the words Jesus were unleashed, you knew it was fairly bad!

Sunday lunch was nice, and all the adults managed to relax on the patio as well. Unheard of when you have kids.

1 comment:

Evova said...

At least she didnt run round screaming swear words. And it was a Sunday right? So its a good time to run around shouting Jesus (or like Homer S: Jebus)

Had a great time last night, thanks for having us! Hope Cam slept all night, Cathy chasing him on her bare knees on your decking (yes it is hard wood) should have made him more knackered than usual. Amy and I just sat calm and ladylike and cheered them on.