Weekend 10 June
Summary of the last few days where I have not written. Thursday – Brad Pitt and Ed Norton came to do some surgeoning on our trees. They were the most gorgeous specimens of the male species I had seen in a long time. Imagine toned, tanned and tasteful tattooed. I think I must have blushed each time I handed them their refreshments. Egged Stuart on to take lots of photos “for our garden album” (ofcourse!!!). They really were lush, in actual fact I did look around for a can of diet coke.
Decided that sharing this information was the next best thing, so phoned up Beata and tried to ascertain whether she needed any hedges trimmed in the new garden. Alas, no, so, I am destined only to see them again when we buy our next property. Mental note, buy a jungle!!!! I was so besotted with the boys that when I should have been telling them off for dropping a branch onto our neighbours roof and denting it, all I could do was offer them more tea and biscuits.
PN has been moaning about the fact that they have had to clear off ash from their kids slide, as Stuart has been burning bonfires for the last two evenings. She does not in the least bit seem grateful that thanks to Ed and Brad she has half her garden back.
Book club was good giggle on Thursday, good company and great food.
Friday was mainly spent in the garden. Cameron in foul mood so dragged him shopping. Everything for girls in Hennes is pink, dunno what I am going to do. Arrgh!
Saturday – went to Sussex Pad for lunch, really nice food and interesting menu, but we were the youngest in there, bringing the average age down to below 60! They were all glam pensioners though, would have to be as its not your average pub prices.
Had to cancel from going to Ardingly with Beata, as we had to go car hunting. Stuart looked whilst I chased Cameron around dodging in between cars. At one stage we had to shut him in a people carrier just so we could look around. Several show rooms later we quite fell in love with a 7 seater (don’t ask me the name, it’s the size of a small island and will need its own petrol station). On the plus side it has a dvd player with wireless speakers. Now need to figure out why we need a 7 seater!
Stuart has become a piromanic since having the task of burning the tree trimmings. Has taken two evenings of burning from 7pm – 11pm in order to get rid of most of it. I think we are having a last bonfire this evening to get rid of his confidential rubbish and some small leaves. Very thereputic sitting round a toasty fire just chatting, star gazing and enjoying a drink. Even feeling grossely uncomfortable from the bump, I struggle to think of a happier evening in recent times.
Now have to face upto the reality that its my last week at work. Incredibly daunting as, in precisely 7 weeks I will be a parent to two.
Have some nice evenings and days planned, am seeing Erika, Eva and we also have Amy and Marks joint hen and stag. Daniel, Kathryn, Sue and Dion may also be popping down.
Not much else going on, saw two hedgehogs whilst during our camp fire thing last night.
Monday, 11 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you know the cheap trousers I bought? I now know why they were so cheap, fit was godawful... but hey I can leave them out there when week is over.
pink is nice, embrace the pink!
ah, just claim the fit is bad becuase you lost so much weight with Delhi belly! Pink is good, as long as I am wearing shades dark enough to colour it smoky red! Think I may be raising a tom boy!
Post a Comment