Hmmm, I think the pregnancy hormones have ramped up a bit. I can no longer remember the simplest thing. For instance, in the 2 seconds that it took me to reach the tissues, I forgot the purpose of the journey (wipe Cameron’s nose!). I feel like the only child in the class who does not know the answer to the question and is desperately looking round for support or at least the mere hint at the answer.
My feet look like something out of an alien horror movie, ankles swollen to the size of a small principality. Do you remember Tom’s owner from Tom and Jerry cartoons? All you ever saw of her were her “sturdy” ankles and slippers. Add a waddle, and that’s me. Big Momma!
Have found it extremely hard to keep mobile this weekend, despite this managed a two mile walk in Stanmer park. We had a picnic there on Saturday and in an apparent post ice-cream brain freeze, I agreed to do our usual walk. At one point it was sorely tempting to swap places with Cameron in the pram. Unfortunately, I would not have fitted, as, my arse has reached epic proportions!
Today we have been busy in the garden, Stuart chopping our hedges back and mowing the lawn, Cameron doing kamakazee runs down the garden.
Am now half way through my book “Interpretation of Murder” but have forgotten the who the characters actually are. Have to remedy it by writing all the characters names on a post it note together with a brief synopsys… sounds a bit like homework.
I have made a list of the projects we have to organise / finalise before Jnr makes an appearance:
Start garden project 28 June
Change double glazing throughout house
Get floors polished (will involve 2 days of misery).
Get pram
Clear out eaves and attic
Clear out garage
Not a lot really…..in only 6 weeks.
Finish work next week, going to be a huge shock to my system.
Am up in London tomorrow handing a client over, client not too far from the Tate Modern….may have to take a peek.
Am desperately craving a martini and lemonade, problem is that we have neither in the house. Stuart has eaten the last of the chocolate and ice-cream and Sainsbury is now shut. Am strategising what I will need to do to get him to go to the local garage and buy a healthy buffer of chocolate and the largest pack of marshmallows known to man. I am hoping batting my eyelashes will be enough without having to play the pregnant woman card. I would even consider cooking chocolate if we had any at home! This tells me two things…one, I could never be on Big Brother as I would walk out after the first pangs of chocolate craving, secondly, I have no willpower and don’t ever stand a chance of gaining any.
Have just heard a news item about a Polish man who has awoken from a 19 year coma. When he had an accident and succumbed to the coma, hardline communism was in existence, people could not get passports to travel. Now it’s a different world out there and they are drip feeding him information.
I wonder if they could do a mini coma for pregnancy, e.g. the last 3 months are spent in suspended animation, and you wake up just as you go into labour or once the baby is out. That would be most civilised!
Sunday, 3 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cant believe Stu ate all the choccies!! How could he??
Post a Comment