Tuesday 29 May 2007
An interesting day. Got woken up at 7am by a txt msg from my colleague Allen advising he had failed his Prince 2 Training. Felt bad for him, felt even worse when I remembered that when I was hot desking last week, I basically demolished his desk and stole his monitor. Poor guy would come in from 2 weeks holiday, having just found out that he failed his exam, only to be confronted with an unrecognisable desk. Further salt was rubbed into the wound when I had to admit to passing the exam. I have tried to remedy the situation by making lots of hot drinks.
Spent most of the drive into work checking out MPV’s on the road. I have decided that the C3 is the best, purely because it has a spoiler on it. If I am going to be driving a glorified truck then I want a piece of plastic which gives it semi credibility. That, and a cup holder!
Work ok, boss man still deciding who I should hand projects over to. Some of my clients getting tetchy but bossman still pondering. No doubt it will be a rush job.
Tuesday’s are normally “bag rationalisation” days. This is basically where I dump all the left over snacks for Cameron / baby related junk from my handbag and reclaim it as mine. Unfortunately, I forgot to do this ritual last week and the consequences were grim to say the least. Imagine the most over ripe banana you can, then, to make things worse it has been accidentally caught on the key holder fob inside the handbag. The mushed banana took some time to clean out, especially from the zip. On the plus side, I found a receipt I thought was lost. I keep telling myself that as it’s a goat skin handbag, the goat is probably loving all these posthumous taste experiences.
I have now made a very adult decision to convert my pencil case into a makeup bag. Years ago my makeup bag would have encompassed expensive lippy, various MAC eyeshadows, perfume, mosturiser etc etc. Now it’s just a bargin basement lippy and moisturiser. I should state that I have had this moisturiser since Feb. and hardly used it. I am hoping that I have at least put cream on my face this month. I can definitely say not in the past two weeks. Cue face like a prune in years to come.
I am also painfully aware that I need to clean the inside of the car. Eva, if you are reading this blog, do you remember the “fresh” apple juice we bought at that pikey tesco when we arrived back from NY? Well, the bottle is still in there, it’s swollen to extremes as there is still some “juice” left in there. I was waiting until it “married” the (organic) potato I left in the same cubby hole, but I accept that the car will be off the road by the time that occurs! I was never any good at biology experiments!
Stuart had a minor hangover, he enjoyed the wine tasting, food was good as well. He said it was full of fuddy duddies who went to bed straight after the tasting had ended. He also revealed that he and Robbie “had popped some pills”!! Far from being some exotic concoction of opiates, it actually turned out to be artichoke pills. The “drug pusher” was actually an older guest at the wine tasting who swore by it to cut out hangovers.
Tuesday, 29 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You need a cleaner to come once a week and sort your car out! Why why why did you have a potatoe in the car??
I have just discussed what we have in the boots of our cars, good topic.
"Polish" our cleaner comes once a week but its still not enough for the amount of cr*p we manage to leave around, in anticipation of her visit!
Potato fell out at least 3 months ago when I had a chioce of dropping Cameron or dropping the tatties as I was getting him into the car.
Hmm, maybe its time to upp the cleaner to come an hour a day? And to cover the car while she is at it?
Post a Comment