Monday, 30 November 2009

When to keep quiet

In the middle of swine flu I casually happened to mention to Madam that once she was all better, how would she like to not wear nappies, but use a potty. She looks at me as though I have just suggested boiling live puppies. Tilts her head, points to her nappy that I am about to put on her and throws down the gauntlet of “ I do NOT want to wear any more nappies”. Shudder slightly, not sure if this is from the flu, or because I know how the next week is going to pan out. We will be housebound again. Great.

Hubby is on the phone to our friend in Oz. I quickly say hello. Must have been distracted as I promised Madam two chocolate coins if she does a poo on the potty. All I hear from the hallway is boy urging Madam to deliver the goods as he needs a chocolate coin. Am pulled eagerly towards the bathroom, Madam is jumping up and down. Yes, you guessed it, potty full of poo. Boy jumping up and down gleefully telling me to “get chocolate coins mummy, hooray”! We give Madam a large clap, head off to get chocolate coins, boy looks in potty and declares he is about to be sick. Deal chocolate coins like a trigger happy pirate, clean up offending mess and wonder if our friend in Oz heard what just went on……..

1 comment:

Evova said...

snigger snigger. so how is it pannning out?