Friday, 23 October 2009

Taking things sloooooow

Felt quite tired today, went back to bed after dropping the kids off. Wake up at 11, realising that I have 1.5 hours left to clean house,organise recycling and rubbish do three lots of washing, buy food for the weekend and go to the bank and pick kids up.

Rush round like a headless chicken throwing things into the washing machine. Decide to do the recycling at the same time. Find as I have taken my time over recycling, have omitted to put washing liquid into the machine. Decide to throw liquid in and find that there is nothing to wash it down with. Inspiration strikes, fill jar destined for recycling up with water and chuck it in the top of the machine. Its only as the water is cascading into the machine I notice that the jar I have selected still contains tomato sauce and a smattering of garlic. This is now in the machine. So now the washing is actually dirtier than when it went in.

A little later I am in the bank trying to get £2.95 of charges back. They tell me as it relates to a credit card, I have to call the credit card company,. despite it being the same bank. so I have just queued up for 15 mins to hear that hey cannot help me. Bank staff were very polite though so I just sighed and left (but took about 10 pens for my waiting efforts!).

In the afternoon, following mini movers, I take the kids to the garden centre to buy some potted herbs and a ghoulish pumpkin. Kids complain they are tired. Suspect that I may actually overdeliver on the outings front on a per day basis. We select bulbs to plant this weekend (try explaining the fact that you wont see these tulips for another 4 months to an eager 3 year old!). At the till I am offered a gardening club card for which I get discounts. Fill out paperwork whilst trying to fend kids from breaking the glass items eversohelpfully located next to the till.

We were so close to leaving, the exit was about 6 meters away, when I spot the "guess the weight of the prize pumpkin". have a meaningful discussion with the kids about how much it weighs. As much as Igglepiggle was one theory. As much as Daddy (!) was another. As I am filling out our guesses, I notice its extremely quiet. Thats because my son is staring in horror at my daughter who has left a perfect imprint of her teeth in the prize (no more) pumpkin. Look around for witnesses, luckily there are none. Heard the kids out of the building, tell Madam off. Boy wants to know all the way back why we cannot have such a big pumpkin as the one int the garden centre.......As garden centre now have our home details, I am awaiting a bill to come through the oh so delayed post for damages to the pumpkin.

1 comment:

Evova said...

Snigger. Did you forget to give her a snack?